Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Joy in God's Unified Church

It's 9:30 on Wednesday night and I have never been more proud of community fellowship. In the wake of announcing my call to leave this church as their pastor and also the unveiling of a bold new direction for the church, I didn't know what to expect from this evenings question and answer. Hot button topics would be addressed. The reason for my departure I felt sure would be questioned. Doubt and fear are normally the expectations in events such as this.

What I found was a unity I have never seen before in our church. A passion to follow Christ regardless of the stakes. An understanding of Gods strange call in our lives as He moves one man out and another in. I found a passion in the hearts of my people that cannot help but be contagious to the rest of our world.

Tonight CFBC decided to go full speed ahead in the call of the Gospel. I feel the pleasure of God in our fellowship. I know great blessings lay ahead as God blesses His unified children.  Watch out Rustburg, for in the power of Christ through His unified body, the very gates of hell will not hold us!

No comments:

Post a Comment